Meet the G.O.A.F
The Golden Order of the Alchemist Fuzz
THE GOLDEN AGE HAS BEEN RESTOREDHaving now appeared a forth time, flourished beautifully, and brought forth fragrant and Golden Seed. It took many long years to discover how the blood of the Red Tiger Lion were to be extracted, while sniffing the glue of the White Eagle, and how these were to be mixed in their natural proportions, enclosed, sealed, and committed to the secret fire producing abundant molten Germanium ore. We have, indeed, studied the writings, parables, and various figures of the tone philosophers with singular industry, and labored hard to solve their manifold wonderful enigmas, most of which are simply the vain products of their imaginations. It was long before experience taught us that all their obscure verbiage and high pretensions are mere folly and empty phantasms, shewn and imparted to all the Sons of G.O.A.F.
G.O.A.F. is dead, long live G.O.A.F.
Rising from the buzz and ash of night from the early mist decades of old fuzz lore. The G.O.A.F hath cometh' Brothereth'!
WTF is It?
G.O.A.F. elevates the spirit of the Russian Alchemist by one octave bringing it's tones closer to the Gods. Hand Wired Dynamic Heavy Fuzz with Massive “buzzy/trebly” tones imparted by NOS AC125 and Russian Germanium transistors. The fuzz is the same circuit from the Russian Alchemist lineage, our take on the legendary Buzzaround insane-o-matic fuzz sound. Hand selected components and extensive listening to each component yields one insane Kung Fu Fuzz Master. If you are looking for the typical fuzz, the door is closing, go elsewhere. If you are looking for a unique fuzz few have experienced in their arsenal of tone madness, come in to the cave and plug in and fly your freak flag high and proud.
“Master Volume” Knob:
- The “Money” knob symbolized by the Deniro symbol.
- Below 50% = Dark Energy and above 50% = Light Energy. Go into the light.
Tone Shape or “Balance” – Primarily “Mids” Control:
- Tone Shape/level to Mids
- In General - Above 12 o’clock position increases level to “Mids.”
- In General - Below 12 o’clock position reduces level to “Mids” and thins tone.
- This is adjusting the Fuzz Bias with a direct effect on the mid EQ range.
- This directly works with the Fuzz/Sustain Amount control and affects the mid range of the fuzz.
- Symbolized by the Moon, you must feel where this knob needs to be set.
- The phase of the moon directly affects this depending on day and hour.
- Fuzz/Sustain Amount:
- Controls the amount of Fuzz. Note if you turn this all the way to the left you will not hear your guitar. This is also know as “the sound of one hand clapping” effect.
- Symbolized by the Alchemical Lead symbol, as things can get heavy with this knob. This knob is also associated with Saturn, which should remind us to use self-control.
- Primarily “Treble” Control
- Timbre/Tone/Attack - Interacts with the Fuzz Bias (Moon knob) and can have a dramatic effect on your Fuzz Treble as well as a slight effect on your pick attack.
- In general - Above 12 o’clock adds treble.
- This can be subtle but increasing changes your tone based on the house Jupiter resides in your birth chart.
- Symbolized by the Alchemical Tin symbol, mix to taste. This knob is associated with Jupiter so beware of excess, and overindulgence.
Vintage Octave on/off Footswitch
- Right footswitch (Red LED) turns Fuzz on/off
- Left Footswitch (Green LED) turns Vintage Octave on/off
- Vintage Octave can be used without the fuzz. Note if you are only using the Vintage Octave the Master Volume will not adjust Master Volume without the Fuzz footswitch on as well.
- 4 5/8 W x 3 5/8 H x 2” D - Including Knobs (not including optional rubber feet)
- For best tone Massive recommends using 9V Eveready Super Heavy
Carbon Zinc batteries. Fuzz aficionado’s claim slightly drained 9V
batteries in the 8 to 8.5v range have the sweetest tone (spare 9V Eveready batteries are sold on the
products page) OR use any proper REGULATED 9V DC center negative power
supply such as the *Boss PSA type power supply as well as an isolated
output from a “power brick” power supply such as the *Voodoo labs Pedal
- 9V DC jack. Center negative Boss PSA style adapter.
- Extra 9-volt carbon zinc batteries, solid body electric guitar, tube guitar amp, rolling papers, and a fat bag of California’s finest.
G.O.A.F. Product Review from our friends at Premiere Guitar:
G.O.A.F. in the very capable hands or Andy at Reverb's ToneReport:
Telecaster and Marshall Plexi Amp
Telecaster and Marshall Silver Jubilee Amp
Les Paul and Marshall Silver Jubilee Amp
Les Paul and Soldano Hot Rod 50 Amp
Les Paul and Ampeg VT22 Amp
Product names, logos, brands, models and other trademarks featured or referred to within Massive FX Pedals YouTube videos and website are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with Massive FX Pedals, our products or our website(s). They do not sponsor or endorse our products, materials or company in any way.